Endowments at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor are a sound investment in a better future. With an endowed gift, you create a fund that provides unending support for UMHB. There are many endowment opportunities. There are endowed scholarships, program endowments and excellence funds, chairs and professorships, and a general endowment fund. All of these are important to the growth and future of the institution.
From your investment, each year a distribution is made to support your scholarship, program, or area. Investment earnings help the endowment grow over time, to keep pace with inflation and maintain your endowment’s stability and spending power.
Funding of an endowment at UMHB can take place over a five-year period. You or anyone else may continue to contribute to the endowment principal at any time.
Creating an endowment fund also creates a living legacy. You can forever link your name, a family member, friend, or organization to unending support of excellence at UMHB.
Various types of endowments include:
- Endowed Scholarships enable you to support undergraduate and graduate students. These scholarships provide an avenue to attract and recognize the best students, regardless of their financial circumstances. Endowed scholarships can be established with a minimum gift of $25,000.
- Presidential Endowed Scholarships carry an esteemed level of recognition for the individuals being honored. Presidential Endowed Scholarship can be established with a minimum gift of $50,000.
- Program Endowments and Excellence Funds support excellence in specific programs throughout campus. Your gift may go to support the area in which you earned your degree or another program that interests you. These endowments can be established with a minimum gift of $25,000.
- Chairs and Professorships are awarded to deans, department chairs, and outstanding faculty. These endowments are crucial to UMHB’s efforts to recruit and retain highly qualified faculty and deans. Professorships can be established with a minimum gift of $1 million, and chairs may be established with a minimum gift of $2 million.
- General Endowment Fund gifts support the continuing growth and excellence of the university. You can make a contribution of any amount toward this fund.
- Existing Endowments allow you may make a contribution in any amount to support one of over 400 endowed funds. To inquire about existing endowments that you may be interested in supporting, please contact the Development Division.
To learn more on how to create an endowment fund or make a gift to an existing endowment, please contact the Development Division at 254-295-4601 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.