QEP Meeting Minutes
March 11, 2013
Dr. Oldham, Dr. Cooper, and Dr. Mynatt joined the committee for this meeting to give feedback on the first draft of the QEP document:
- There should be a scaffolding statement before Goal 2
- Should tie the discipline-specific outcome to the HERI survey need
- Reporting structure – why report to IQ Council? Should the WC director serve on the IQ Council?
- Number of staff – director and 4 FT staff?
- Q – How many students will be going to the WC the 1styear”
- 45-80/week (Coley)
- ENGL 1312 – 630 sessions/semester
- ENGL 1321 – 20 sections/semester at 24 students each = 440 students
- Writing Emphasis = 15 students/course
- This adds up to around 200 students/week or 2580 sessions per ~13 weeks. This does not include walk-in traffic. Each session is about 30-45 minutes each.
- We are budgeting ~140 hours/week for peer tutors.
- This also does not include the time spent working with faculty in their courses.
- Q – are required visits to WC affecting even adjuncts? Yes.
- Transfer students – 1/3 of freshmen and 63% of our students. We will hit the transfer students in the gap assessment and WE courses.
- We are not tracking individual students. The data is a collective.
- NOTE: At Hardin-Simmons, there is a barrier exam with writing for juniors.