We will offer a high-quality educational experience while remaining one of the most competitively-priced private universities in the southwest.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for managed enrollment growth
A strategic enrollment management plan has been developed. Some of the major accomplishments in the plan that have been reached are:
- Adjusted freshman cohort goals through the life of the strategic plan (Fall 2018).
- Developed student funnel goals for contacts and inquiries through the life of the strategic plan.
- Added an additional recruiter for freshmen.
- Completed the Experience UMHB online.
- Adjusted academic scholarships for new students to be more competitive with other universities.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for student retention
- The University contracted with Noel-Levitz, a leading consulting firm in the area of enrollment management and retention, in order to begin the efforts of improving the University’s retention rate.
- A Student Success Team was created to analyze data, develop retention strategies, and evaluate the progress of the University.
- A Retention Plan has been developed.
- Overall retention goals were set at 68%, 71%, and 73% for the Fall 2012, 2013 and 2014 cohorts.
- Communication across the campus regarding retention and retention strategies has been improved through Retention Roadshows and Enrollment Update emails to keep constituents on campus informed.
- A Predictive Model was built with the intention of using historical attrition curve data to help us predict the likelihood of a student persisting on campus. With this information, we are better equipped to customize our retention approach with specific student groups. This predictive model will be used in fall 2013.
- Proactive attempts to reach students who have not registered for the following semester or who have withdrawn have been created by asking academic advisors, athletics, the CAE, and other areas to reach out to their students.