UMHB Library - Guest borrowing privileges:
- UMHB alumni
- Baptist pastors
- TexShare card holders
Note: Computer use is restricted to UMHB alumni and Baptist pastors.
Your Responsibility As a Library Patron
When you become a library patron, it is your responsibility to know the policies and procedures of the library as stated on the library’s website.
- As a borrower, you accept responsibility for library materials borrowed on the card issued to you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the library has your current contact information.
- It is expected that you will treat library materials and equipment in a manner so that they are preserved, in working order, and available for other users.
- You are responsible for returning library materials by the date and time due.
- As a library user, you agree to pay fines for materials returned to the library after their due date and to reimburse the library for materials that are lost, damaged, or stolen while checked out on your card. Library fees are not negotiable.
- The library will not release the names or identification numbers of users or borrowers who are using library materials.
- UMHB alumni and Baptist pastors who reside INSIDE Bell County do not need a TexShare card to borrow UMHB library materials.
- UMHB alumni and Baptist pastors who reside OUTSIDE Bell County must also present a TexShare Card to borrow UMHB library materials.
- TexShare Cards may be obtained at your local public library.
- Guest borrowers with a TexShare card must present a VALID TEXSHARE card in order to borrow UMHB library materials.
- Checkout limit is 3 items borrowed at one time with only one renewal allowed per item.
- To renew items, access your library account online.
- If you have trouble renewing items, please contact the Circulation Desk at (254) 295-4637.
- You will not be able to renew:
- overdue items
- items borrowed through Interlibrary Loan services
- if a hold has been placed on an item
- items that have already been renewed
- Overdue items on your account will block borrowing privileges until the items are returned.
- If you accrue fines for overdue, lost, or damaged materials, you will not be able to checkout additional items until the fines are paid.
Lost or Damaged Items
- Minimum lost book charge is $50.00.
- Replacement and processing fees are charged for overdue materials that are not returned.
- Lost or damaged items may be replaced, but arrangements must be made with the library before a replacement is purchased.