Dr. Amy Millsap
Assistant Professor & Amy LeVesconte Professorship in Chemistry
College of Humanities and Sciences
UMHB Box 8013
- Arindam Bose, Amy D. Millsap, Arnie DeLeon, Carmelo J. Rizzo, Ashis K. Basu. Translesion Synthesis of N2-2′-Deoxyguanosine Adduct of the Dietary Mutagne IQ in Human Cells: Error-Free Replication by DNA Polymerases κ and mutagenic bypass by DNA Polymerases η, ζ, and Rev1, Chemical Research in Toxicology, 2016, 29 (9), 1549-1559
- Arindam Bose, Paritosh Pande, Vijay P. Jasti, Amy D. Millsap, Edward K. Hawkins, Carmelo J. Rizzo, Ashis K. Basu. DNA polymerases κ and ζ cooperatively perform mutagenic translesion synthesis of the C8– 2′-deoxyguanosine adduct of the dietary mutagen IQ in human cells, Nucleic Acids Research, 2015, 43 (17), 8340-8351.
- Katya V. Petrova, Amy D. Millsap, Donald F. Stec, and Carmelo J. Rizzo. Characterization of the Deoxyguanosine–Lysine Cross-Link of Methylglyoxal, Chemical Research in Toxicology, 2014, 27 (6), 1019-1029.
Grants, Fellowships, and Awards
- Recipient of Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology Fellowship, Vanderbilt Institute of Chemical Biology, Vanderbilt University, 2009-2012.
- American Chemical Society (9 years, member)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (3 years, member)
- National Science Teacher’s Association (3 years, member)
- International Society for Technology in Education (2 years, member)