Frequently Asked Questions
Master of Education Program (M.Ed.)
Is there a deadline for the application to be submitted?
- There is no set deadline for the application to be submitted; open enrollment is permitted. However, students are encouraged to apply the semester before enrollment intent.
Are the master's programs in Education the same as certification programs?
No, the programs are different.
- However, many classes required for certification are included in specific programs. A person may receive certification if they complete all requirements for certification.
How many graduate hours may be accepted in transfer from another accredited institution?
- Six graduate hours may be accepted in transfer from another regionally accredited institution with approval from the M.Ed. Program Director and the Registrar.
What are the qualifications of faculty teaching in the graduate programs in the College of Education?
- All faculty hold a terminal degree, years of experience, and certification in the areas taught.
Do I need to have an education-related undergraduate degree to enter the master's program in Education?
- you do not need an education-related undergraduate degree to enter the master's program.
Page last updated June 13, 2022