To be considered for admission to the MSN program, the student must complete the following:
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited school of nursing.
Official transcripts from all institutions attended should be sent to the MCHS Admissions.
Send transcripts via e-script to email@example.com OR
Send transcripts by mail to:
900 College St., Box 8402
Belton, TX 76513
- Current, unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or as exempted as a federal employee.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 in last 60 hours of undergraduate program (BSN).
- Completion of the Master of Science in Nursing program application and the $35 application fee.
- Two academic and/or professional references reflecting achievement and motivation for graduate study.
- Current CV or resume uploaded into your application portal once the application is submitted.
- Completion of undergraduate statistics course with a grade of "C" or better.
- Completion of an undergraduate nursing research course with a grade of "C" or better.
- Minimum of 2 years of full time clinical practice as a registered nurse prior to admission in the clinical area selected as the area of clinical specialization.
- Attend an interview with the MSN Program Director once an offer for an interview is extended.
For additional information on admission, please contact the MCHS Admissions Chair, Melissa Williams, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The early admission review cycle for the fall cohort requires a completed application file by March 1. The final admission review cycle for the fall cohort requires a completed application by late April.
Page last updated October 04, 2022