August 3-7, 2022
Welcome Week is where your UMHB journey officially begins. Moving into your residence hall is just the start of a week designed to make sure you feel at home before you ever set foot into a classroom. You'll join a Cru Group of other students based on your major, led by UMHB upperclassmen just a bit ahead of you on the journey, and you'll keep in touch with that group throughout your first year.
Anchored in building community, Welcome Week is also full of activities and fun, no matter your interests or personality.
Let's get this party started.Register Now Open
Welcome Week has a bit of everything - plenty of fun, academic preparation, but also a spiritual emphasis and an opportunity for service. We come to college ready for an experience that makes it clear we're transitioning from high school to something bigger and better, and Welcome Week does that perfectly.
While months of planning goes into Welcome Week, we can't control everything, and sometimes plans have to change! Stay informed with the most up-to-date notifications on any changes by following UHMB Student Orgs on Twitter.
Follow Student Orgs
Prior to arriving
- Congratulations! Your housing assignment has been emailed to you. Please review all move-In instructions.
- Be sure to pack all items in rainproof boxes or containers.
- To avoid losing any belongings, prior to arriving please label all boxes/containers with student’s last name, residence hall name, and room number. [ex: Smith, Gettys #108]
- Consider purchasing items locally after arriving in Belton (ex: cases of water, food items, cleaning supplies for room, etc.). Belton has a Wal-Mart Supercenter and an H-E-B Plus near campus.
Plan to report at your assigned check-in time
We want to make moving in at UMHB a fun and enjoyable day. Due to construction on campus, it is necessary to adhere to your assigned time on the placard which will be mailed to you. It has your residence hall and room number. Exceptions will not be made to the traffic flow patterns on Move-In Day. Students will not be allowed early entry to their residence halls under any circumstances.
On Move-In Day, follow instructions below:
- When you arrive at your residence hall, move-in staff members will direct you to park in a temporary unloading area. The driver must stay with the vehicle until it has been moved out of the unloading area.
- Once parked, the student should go immediately to the residence hall check-in area and receive a room key.
- While picking up your key, the move-in staff will help unload your vehicle and place all belongings in your room.
- After the car has been unloaded by our move-in staff, the driver will immediately be directed to available parking. Vehicles cannot remain parked in the unloading zones.
- Feel free to get in contact with us, and we will be happy to answer any questions or calm any nervousness you might be experiencing. Contact the Student Development Office at (254) 295-4590.
- Be checking your email and our social media for updated move-in information!
- Class Registration and financial settlements will be available for all students in Sanderford. For more information, please contact the Registrar's office at (254) 295-4510.
- View directions to the campus as well as a campus map.
- Driving in early and need a place to stay? Check out our information for parents to find local accommodations.