The application requirements for the Ed.D. program include the following:
- Apply Online (with $35 application fee paid online)
Upon submission of your paid application, you will receive an automatically generated confirmation e-mail containing a link to the application portal. You can log into this portal and check your application status at any time.
- Official copies of transcripts for master's degree (preferred 3.5 minimum GPA). Transcripts should be mailed from the institution to the address below or sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UMHB COE Graduate Admissions
900 College Street, Box 8017
Belton, Texas 76513
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Employer Support Form (download here)
- Academic Writing Sample
- Complete two-part interview
- Face-to-face interview with faculty
- One-hour timed academic writing response
Note: Texas law requires that all candidates in field experiences (including the practicum associated with principal or superintendent certification) must pass a criminal background review. Any candidate who cannot be cleared because of a criminal record will not be approved for a field experience and cannot obtain certification or be employed as an educator in the state of Texas.
All application documents must be submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office before eligibility for an interview may be determined. Documents may be uploaded into the application portal after submission of your application. Official transcripts are the only documents that must be sent directly from the institution. The Ed.D. Program Director will be notified once your file is complete and, then, will determine your eligibility for an interview.
- Applications for Cohort 17, beginning Summer 2023, are now being accepted.
- Formal promotion/recruitment occurs from September to January.
- While applicants are admitted on a rolling basis, early application is encouraged.
- Candidate interviews will be scheduled individually.
- Cohort orientation will be held on a date to be determined.
- Cohorts begin each summer.
For more information regarding the Doctor of Education program, please contact the Program Director or the College of Education Graduate Assistants. For assistance regarding your application, documents, or status, please contact COE Graduate Admissions.
Tentative Calendardownload calendar
For more detailed information, please review the Graduate Catalog.
Page last updated June 09, 2022