Frequently Asked Questions
- Start your application.
- Under Graduate Applications, click on Doctor of Education.
- Follow the directions to fill out then submit the application.
- Pay the $35 application fee.
No, admission is determined on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled or until admission is closed prior to cohort orientation in May of each year.
Interviews will be conducted in the spring term of each year.
Yes, the program is intentionally designed to allow currently practicing and aspiring education professionals to work full-time while completing the program.
No, our students come from all over the state of Texas, and some come from out of state.
No, you do not need to submit GRE scores. Our program committee takes into account your GPA, interview performance, and writing sample to determine your eligibility.
Yes, there is a preferred 3.5 minimum GPA requirement.
- Resumes, Letters of Recommendation, Employer Support Forms, and Academic Writing Samples can be submitted by the prospective student
- Electronic transcripts may be sent to COE Graduate Admissions or paper transcripts may be mailed directly from the institution to:
COE Graduate Admissions
900 College Street, Box 8017
Belton, Texas 76513
Transfer credits are accepted on a case by case basis taking into account your grades and course alignment. UMHB accepts up to 12 hours from other institutions. For more information on transfers, please contact the Director of the EdD program.
Yes, prospective students must have a conferred master’s degree by the program's summer start date.
Yes, students admitted into the superintendent certification program receive coursework preparing them to take the TExES Superintendent Certification Exam.
No. While the focus of this program is Educational Leadership, cohort members consist of individuals with diverse backgrounds. Students in our program hold degrees in different areas.
No, you do not need to submit a statement of interest to be considered for this program.
Page last updated September 25, 2023