- Services are offered by appointment.
- Same day appointment available unless all times are filled then an appointment will be scheduled for the next business day.
- Call (254) 295-4696 or request an appointment in person.
- UMHB does not have a Physician on campus. If you need to have a prescription filled or any other professional services please contact a local health care provider. Contact your health insurance company to locate a provider in your network. This information is usually found on the health insurance company's website.
Mabee Student Success Center (3rd floor)
Office: (254) 295-4696
Fax: (254) 295-4196 or (866) 247-2176
Contact the Campus Police at (254) 295-5555 or 911. There is a hospital emergency room within six miles of the campus. UMHB does NOT have a physician on campus. Please contact your insurance company as to which clinics are "in network" for your health plan.
General health info may be obtained by calling Little River King's Daughters Clinic After Hours (5pm-7:30am) Triage Nurse at 298-2400 [prompt #2] or the Scott and White Pan Nurse: 724-7037 - 24/7, 24 hours-a-day.
Services Available on Campus
- Illness evaluation and referral as necessary (which can include free & low cost clinics)
- Health information is provided to each RA (resident assistant) office in the dorms
- Vaccines: Flu (fall semester) and TB skin testing (July, August, December-Januray) or until supplies last
- Over-the-counter medication with personal instructions for use
- Minor trauma/injury care
- Suture removal
- Physician referrals
- Wellness education information
- Health Quest: health fair includes multidisciplinary groups that share health information
- Make students aware of available services in the area
- Here to listen, will refer to UMHB counselors as needed
Healthcare Insurance for Students
UMHB is not responsible for any healthcare expenses you may incur while enrolled as a UMHB student. Effective January 2014, individuals who do not have healthcare insurance may be subject to government fines in accordance with the Affordable Care Act. UMHB strongly recommends that each student maintain healthcare insurance. For participation in certain UMHB programs such as athletics, healthcare insurance is required. If you do not currently have healthcare insurance, you may visit HealthCare.gov to access the new healthcare marketplace. Some healthcare insurance policies require you to use an approved network of doctors, hospitals, and clinics. Please contact your insurance provider for details, and if applicable, obtain a list of approved healthcare providers in the Belton/Temple area to determine what steps, if any, you should change your point of service (POS) to our area. The zip code for Belton is 76513. Be sure to bring your insurance card and original social security card with you when you come to UMHB.
Page last updated February 17, 2022