CLEP - Credit by Exam
Services are offered to currently enrolled UMHB students. Persons not enrolled at UMHB will need to find an alternative testing site.
- The CLEP fee is $93, due at the time of registration (on the CLEP website).
- CLEP Examinations are administered by computer only and last approximately 90 minutes.
- Score results are available for most exams upon completion, with the exception of exams with essays. UMHB will receive your essay exam score report 3–4 weeks after your test date.
- You may not repeat an exam of the same title within three months of the initial testing date. If you retake the exam within the three-month period, your administration will be considered invalid, your score will be canceled, and any test fees will be forfeited.
Testing Center Guidelines
- CLEP exams are administered to currently enrolled UMHB students. Persons not enrolled at UMHB must take CLEP at another testing center. UMHB student ID number is requested upon scheduling. You are also required to present your CRU card when you come to take your exam.
- All appointment requests must be submitted at least 3 business days in advance of your preferred testing date.
- A proctor fee of $30 is due at the time of testing (cash, check, CRU card, credit/debit).
- Two forms of valid photo ID are required when you come to test. First form of ID (government issued): Driver’s License, State ID card, Passport, or Military ID. Second form of ID required: CRU card (UMHB ID)
- Review the UMHB Policies of Credit by Exam before registering for the CLEP exam.
- Refer to the Credit by Exam Chart for UMHB courses eligible for credit by exam.
- Persons with disabilities are responsible for contacting the Testing Center (254) 295-4731 and must provide documentation in order to test with accommodations. This must be done prior to setting an appointment to test. Arrangements will be made to test under conditions that meet their special requirements.
- A transcription fee of $60 per course is required for all credit by exam and is assessed by the Bursar's Office. This fee must be paid before credit by exam is recorded on the student's official transcript.
Ready to Test?
- Register and pay for the CLEP exam online at https://clep.collegeboard.org/
- Print your registration ticket. You MUST bring your ticket with you to your testing appointment. Exams cannot be administered without the registration ticket.
- Call the UMHB Testing Center at 254-295-4731 and schedule your CLEP exam.
Page last updated October 18, 2023