Testing Center Policy & Procedures
Guidelines and Student Responsibilities
- Please contact the Testing Center at 254-295-4731 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need the test scheduling link emailed to you.
- Schedule all tests online at least 3 business days in advance.
- Contact the professor, at least 2 business days in advance, and ask them to submit the test to the Testing Center.
- Arrive to scheduled appointment on time and prepared to test.
- If asked, present a valid photo ID upon arriving to test.
- Comply with the Testing Center’s guidelines and instructions from staff.
Tests are administered by appointment only
- Open Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5pm (summer hours: 8 am – 4 pm).
- Student must schedule testing appointments online.
- Schedule well in advance as testing rooms fill quickly.
- Testing begins at the scheduled appointment time. Arriving late results in the loss of testing time (minute per minute). Must have professor approval if 15+ minutes late.
- Tests are collected five minutes from closing time, even if test is not completed, so please schedule accordingly.
- Materials such as notes, textbooks, calculators, scratch paper, and any other aids are not permitted in the testing room unless written permission is granted by the professor.
- Personal belongings including but not limited to cell phones, smart watches, electronic devices, purses, backpacks, hats, heavy jackets, food, drink, textbooks, notes, or other aids must be placed in the designated areas.
- We are not responsible for theft, loss, or damage to any items.
- Pockets must be emptied of all personal belongings.
- Personal belongings are not permitted during testing or during breaks.
- Food or drinks are allowed if granted as an accommodation.
- Bluebooks and scantrons will be provided by the Testing Center.
Breaks during Testing
- You may not leave the testing rooms for breaks, to drink water, or go to the restroom unless accommodations allow due to documented disability.
- Testing Center staff may grant permission for a bathroom break if emergent and requested by the student.
- Testing time does not freeze during restroom breaks.
- If student leaves for any reason without permission, including emergencies, the testing session is terminated and the student will not be able to return to complete testing.
- Tests administered in the Testing Center are monitored and recorded through video surveillance.
- If you are observed violating the University's Academic Integrity & Honesty standards, your testing session will be terminated.
- The observed behavior and footage (if applicable) will be provided to professors, Dean of Students, or other necessary UMHB personnel for possible disciplinary action.
Students that do not abide by the Testing Center guidelines and student responsibilities, will not be allowed to test in the Testing Center and will have to make arrangements to test with the instructor or at another testing site.
Page last updated August 24, 2021