As a transfer student, you’ve earned some college credit hours after graduating from high school or you might be currently in that process. Either way, we are so glad you’ve chosen to look into UMHB for the next step in finishing your degree! You’re a seasoned college student, but we know this process can still be confusing. To help, we’ve listed out the admission requirements for transfer students, as well as the steps to apply below. If you get lost at any point, check out our Admissions FAQs or feel free to reach out to your Admissions Counselor. We can’t wait to meet you!
Steps to Apply
- Complete and submit your application for admission.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended. Transcripts will only be considered official when sent directly from the institution to UMHB.
- If you have completed less than 12 transferable college credit hours, submit your official SAT or ACT scores and final high school transcript.
- Submit bacterial meningitis vaccine documents (Not required for students age 22 or older)
- The student must be transferring credits from a regionally accredited college or university.
- The student must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better (based on a four-point system). Entering GPA will be calculated using all hours attempted. The one exception to this requirement concerns a course that was repeated. In this circumstance, only the last grade received for the repeated course will be used when calculating the entering GPA.
- The student must not be on academic or disciplinary probation or suspension from the last college or university attended.
- A limited number of students deficient in any of the above may be admitted on probationary status by consent of the Admissions Committee. Admission status will be based on overall transfer grade point average and academic standing at the last college/university attended.
Location: Sanderford Administrative Complex • Admissions Suite
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8004 • Belton, TX 76513
Office Hours: M-F • 8 am - 5 pm (Summer: 8 am - 4 pm)
firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (254) 295-4520
Page last updated March 24, 2020