CONSIDER SEEKING COUNSELING OR OTHER SUPPORT: UMHB recommends that you consider seeking counseling as soon as possible. The university believes strongly in providing resources for persons making a claim of sexual harassment or assault and for persons accused of sexual harassment or assault.
Therapy provides a safe place to talk about your feelings and concerns. If you decide to keep the matter confidential, a licensed counselor must respect your wishes.
The following services are available on campus or in the community to support persons claiming or accused of sexual assault and violence:
- UMHB Student Counseling Center (254) 295-4696
- Families In Crisis, Inc., http://familiesincrisis.net/sa/ (serving Bell, Coryell, and Hamilton Counties, including Ft. Hood)
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Temple: https://www.bswhealth.com/specialties/forensic-medicine
- Crisis Pregnancy and STD testing is also available at Hope Pregnancy Center, Inc.: http://www.hopepc.com/ (Temple, Killeen, Copperas Cove)
- Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN) offers national anonymous hotline support to survivors and allies at (800) 656-HOPE (4673). If you would rather chat with someone online, RAINN also operates the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline, a live, secure, anonymous crisis chat support. To access help 24 hours a day, visit: http://www.rainn.org/get-help/national-sexual-assault-online-hotline
Susan Owens • Title IX Coordinator
email@example.com • (254) 295-4527
900 College Street • Belton, TX 76513
Page last updated August 04, 2020