Transfer Academic Scholarships
Starting Fall 2022
Awarded to entering transfer students with a minimum of 12 transferable hours from a regionally accredited college and pre-requisite GPA below.
Transfer President's Scholarship - 3.5 GPA or above
- $12,000 per year
Transfer Vice President's Scholarship - 3.0 to 3.49
- $10,000 per year
Transfer Dean's Scholarship - 2.5 to 2.99
- $8,000 per year
Academic Scholarship Information:
- This award is based on transcripts received. If your GPA changes as we receive finalized transcripts, your scholarship awards may adjust to match your GPA changes.
- Renewable for up to 7 semesters based on a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above
- Maintain full-time status of 12 or more hours each fall and spring semester.
- UMHB Admissions office must have all prior college transcripts in order to make evaluation of scholarship eligibility.
- Academic Scholarships are limited to one per student.
- Previously enrolled UMHB students do not qualify for transfer academic scholarships.
- Scholarship criteria are subject to change each year.
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking undergraduate student.
- Academic scholarships are tuition based scholarships and will only be applied to the tuition portion of a student’s bill.
- Please keep in mind, receipt of additional funding (e.g. Veteran Affairs benefits, outside scholarship, increase in academic scholarships, etc.) may require adjustments to your financial aid award package.
Page last updated February 11, 2022