Returning RA Application
Please note that the Returning RA application process is for Resident Assistants who currently have a position.
Thank you for serving UMHB as a Resident Assistant. We appreciate your contribution to the Residence Life Staff. All returning RAs must re-apply for their current RA position. As RA positions become available in other locations, we also allow our current RAs to apply. If you are not returning as an RA, you will not need to complete this application. We ask that if you are planning on not returning as an RA or want to transfer to another location, the first step is to notify your current RD of your intentions. Please note that as a Returning RA, you do not have seniority over those positions, but your current experience does make you a good candidate.
If you choose to re-apply for your current RA position or would like to be considered for a new location, you will need to complete a Returning RA application and attend an interview. The Spring 2024 new hires will be required to participate in the Group Interviews (see date below). If you have any questions, please contact the Residence Life Office.
The deadline for submitting the Returning RA application is listed in the email you received announcing the availability of RA positions. The email will be sent by the Residence Life Office. If you have not received the email or if you need additional information, you can contact the Residence Life Office at (254) 295-4590 or email@example.com. You must complete the application and submit by the specified deadline date.
- February 2, 2024: Applications are to be submitted by midnight.
- February 5-6, 2024: Head RA interviews
- February 13-15, 2024: Returning RA interviews
- February 18, 2024: Group Interviews for Spring new hires
- July 28-August 6, 2024: RA Training (Mandatory)
- January 2-3, 2025: RA Training (Mandatory)
All RA interviews will be held in Bawcom Conference rooms. Once your Returning RA application has been received, you will be directed to a link to sign up for an interview.
Basic Requirements for the Position
There are certain basic requirements to be able to apply and be interviewed for any RA position. Be sure you meet those basic requirements before filling out an application.
- Actively engaged and committed to your faith in Jesus Christ, including regular attendance at a local church.
- Have a cumulative G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 12 hours (an exception can be made for the last semester) and a maximum of 18 hours unless otherwise approved by the Director of Residence Life.
- Must commit to a full academic year (Dates of position: July 28, 2024, through May 4, 2025). Be in good standing with the university.
If you are considering a Head RA position, there will be a place on the Returning RA application to indicate your intent. The HRA interview will include a 15-minute presentation utilizing PowerPoint, Prezi, a portfolio, or another method to present your reflections on the questions and case study provided.
Please note: As an RA, you may be asked to use good judgment about attending specific events or functions that may compromise your position as an RA. An example would be frequenting certain types of local clubs or bars.
After you submit your application, you will be directed to a link to sign up for an interview.
The Returning RA interviews may be a panel interview of Resident Directors. You should dress appropriately for this interview as you would for any interview. For tips on interviewing, you can contact UMHB Career Services in the Mabee Student Success Center.
After all interviews are held, the Resident Directors will be given some time to make their decisions. You will be notified of the decisions made as soon as possible. Please note that if an offer is made to you, it may be the only offer.
The compensation for Resident Assistants will be titled “RA Scholarship” on the financial aid award letter. Please note that RA's are not allowed to have a work-study position and the RA position.
- Apartment RAs: Head RA (HRA) receives $3,250 per semester. Regular RA receives $2,250 per semester.
- Traditional Hall RAs: Head RA (HRA) receives $3,750 per semester. Regular RA receives $2,750 per semester.
The Returning RA application for Fall 2024 will be available on December 1, 2023. Please check back to access the application.Returning RA Application
Location: Bawcom Student Union • Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8006 • Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4590
Page last updated January 17, 2024