Constructed in 1989, McLane Hall is named in honor of Drayton McLane, Jr., a resident of Temple and former owner of the Houston Astros. One of two male residence halls on campus, this two-story facility houses 190 students. Located on the northwest corner of the campus, McLane Hall sits close to Hardy Hall and the Mayborn Campus Center which houses the gym, workout center, and recreational space. It is within easy walking distance to academic buildings and the library.
Features of the building include a computer lab, a large lobby with a pool table, laundry room where laundry can be done free of charge, vending machines, a meeting room, and two separate TV lounge areas. A block of rooms within the building are set aside for freshman honors program applicants.
Resident Assistants are assigned to each floor of the building and the Resident Director lives onsite. Building security includes a staff member on duty each evening until closing and a card access system for entry into the building after doors are locked.
- Approximate room dimensions are 15' x 14' (210 sq. ft.).
- The shared room comes equipped with two twin beds with 80" mattresses, two desks, two desk chairs, and two chests of drawers. The desks and chest of drawers have blue laminate tops. Each resident has his own closet space.
- Wireless internet in the building and two internet jacks per room. Cable and internet service are provided UMHB Channel Guide.
- The private bath is approximately 8' x 8' and has a shower and a large vanity.
- One large window is in each room. The window size is 71" x 53" (inside the casing), and mini-blinds are provided.
- One micro-fridge is included in each room.
- Floors are tile in a neutral tone, and area rugs can be brought in.
- The walls are a neutral tone and are sheetrock. Students must check with the hall staff before hanging anything on walls or other surfaces within the room.
- All furnishings are moveable, and the beds can be bunked.
Location: Bawcom Student Union • Second Floor
Address: 900 College Street, Box 8006 • Belton, TX 76513
firstname.lastname@example.org • (254) 295-4590
Page last updated September 01, 2022